Planning to visit places during this monsoon? Here are the 8 best places to visit in India during Monsoon.
Monsoon’s such a season where people love the weather. Not only Human beings but Animals and Birds too. Monsoon causes wet and dry seasons throughout the tropics and blows from cold to warm regions. There’s not one person who doesn’t enjoy the season.
It is one of the best times to experience the beauty of the naturalistic part of India that offers you Blissful, Beauty and divine pleasure. A vacation would make it really good. Especially when you are traveling on a road basis, one of the best experiences you can have. Few people find it very unsafe traveling during the monsoons but it’s an absolute pleasure and adventure. The sprinkles of water bring along a never-seen-before natural beauty of the country, and in contrast to the common perception, is an ideal time to visit several places. Be it “Kashmir” or “Kanyakumari”, there are a lot of places to explore during the Monsoon. Here are a few best places to visit in India during Monsoon.
1. Leh Ladakh
Does the name ring a bell? Yes, You must have heard and seen a lot of people traveling to Leh Ladakh. Leh is at the top of our list of best places to visit in the monsoon. Leh is the joint capital and largest town of the union territory of Ladakh in India. Just don’t want to get into the past, but a few heads up, Leh is known for the climate itself as it is surrounded by Mountains. It was a trade route for China Long back.
Most People Prefer to travel on bikes as it is one of the most beautiful places to visit during the Monsoon. A little risky but an absolute delight.
- Places to visit Nearby: Pangong Tso Lake, Thiksey Monastery, Markha Valley
- Perfect for: Nature Lovers
- Things to do: Campaigning , Trekking
- How to Reach : Unfortunately there’s no train route to Leh but there are flights from Delhi to Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport at least twice in a week.
At number 2 of the best places to visit in India during monsoon, we have Munnar a Town in the western ghats is located in the state of Kerala. This is a popular hill station where once was ruled by the hunter- tribals and the guest house of the British were located. Today, it is known to be one of the best places to visit during the monsoon. Munnar is known for the Plantations and Most of the flora and fauna have disappeared. It is actually safe and secure to visit these places in Monsoon and adore its Heavenliness behind them.
- Places to visit Nearby: Rajamalai (Eravikulam) National Park, Tea Estates,
- Perfect for: Couples and Families
- Things to do: Jeep Safari
- How to Reach: Nearest Railway stations are Ernakulam and Aluva and Nearest airport is the Cochin International Airport
Who Doesn’t Love Goa? Goa is one of those places where every single bachelor wants to Visit at least once with their friends. Known as the Celebration State and has Major attraction places to visit in the season of monsoon. The never-ending picture of the sea and Sceneries. It has a long history of Portuguese History and it is connected to the Arabian Sea. the Monsoon makes it more attractive and elegant.
- Places to Visit Nearby: Baga Beach, Grand Island, Dudhsagar Falls
- Perfect For: Bachelors and Couples
- Things to do: Trekking, Heritage tour, Shopping
- How to Reach: There are plenty of trains from each state to goa. And the Goa International Airport.
Darjeeling is a go-to place for every monsoon lover, it is one of the most visited monsoon places in India . Darjeeling is a town in a state called West Bengal. It is situated in the foothills and it never gets old as it is one of the best places to visit during the Monsoon. Heavy rains cause a favorable climate which can be quite enjoyed in hotels. Most of it is surrounded by Tea Plantations and is known as the “The Mecca of Tea”. It has a Brief history with the state of Sikkim. The tourist places in Darjeeling will leave a traveler mesmerized and awed by the beauty that the place offers.
- Places to Visit Nearby: Himalayan Railway, Tiger Hill, Batasia Loop, Darjeeling Ropeway, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute
- Perfect For: Nature Lovers and Families
- Things to do: Trekking, river rafting, Toy train
- How to Reach: Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. where a lot of trains are available and Bagdogra Airport is the nearest Airport.
Mussoorie is a wonderful Hill Station also known as the Queen of Hills is the best place to explore during the monsoon seasons. Situated in the state of Dehradun and is 35 km away from the Capital. It was actually a Resort Established by the British and Today around 5000 Tibetans live there. Tourists come primarily from New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, and other northern states. It is a Famous weekend Getaway and the best Honeymoon locations. It might be a little risky in Monsoon but it gives a blooming feel about the place.
- Places to Visit Nearby: Nahata Estate, Gun Hill, Surkanda Devi Temple, Mall road
- Perfect For: couples and Newlymarried
- Things to do: Trekking, Paragliding, Zip lining
- How to Reach:Jollygrant Airport in Dehradun serves as the nearest airport to Mussoorie.
6. Jog Falls
People fond of water can actually visit these Falls Located in the state of Karnataka on the borders of Shimoga. It is actually the tallest waterfall in India which is situated in the evergreen forests. Highly covered with wild and beautiful Vegetation. During the Monsoon, the jog falls create a spectacular sight which is the best time to visit there.
- Places to Visit Nearby: Honnemardu,Karwar
- Perfect For: couples and Newlymarried
- Things to do: Trekking, Campaigning and Rafting( Done in nearby places)
- How to Reach:Nearest Railway Station is at Thalaguppa, Shimoga district. And the Nearest Airport is Mangalore International Airport
Modernly known as Puducherry, a union territory and the best place to visit during the monsoon. A perfect place for beach lovers to visit which looks fascinating during the rains. It is more like Goa but here there’s a connection between the french people. A perfect nostalgic place with old colonial houses, cobble-stoned streets, and a few cafes and bars near the sea is one of our favorites monsoon places to visit in India.
- Places to Visit Nearby: Puducherry Coast view, Mahe riverside, Karaikal church
- Perfect For: Everyone
- Things to do: Boating, Jet-skiing, Diving
- How to Reach: The nearest rail station from Pondicherry is Villupuram, and Nearest Airport is Chennai.
This little town is situated in Himachal Pradesh, a popular Hill station spread out over 5 hills in the Dhauladhar Himalayan range. Known for its immense beauty which is covered by dense forests of pines, oaks, and deodars. Rich in colonial architecture, the town preserves some beautiful churches. Its marvelous forest trails overlook vistas of wooded hills, waterfalls, springs, and rivulets. A perfect place to visit during the monsoon season.
- Places to Visit Nearby: Khajjiar, Panchpula, Sach Pass
- Perfect For:Nature Lovers
- Things to do: Trekking, shopping
- How to Reach:The airport closest to Dalhousie is Gaggal Airport, and Pathankot railway station is the nearest railhead to Dalhousie.
Well there are a lot many places such as:
- Pahalgam, Jammu & Kashmir
- Chail, Himachal Pradesh
- Valley of Flowers, Uttarakhand
- Chopta, Uttarakhand
- Harsil, Uttarakhand
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh
The above lists are a few best places to visit during the monsoon. All of the mentioned ones are adventurous and adorable. Whether traveling alone or with family, it is better to be careful as there can be changes in the weather conditions.
Suggested Reads: Check out our other post for: 7 BEST THINGS TO DO IN DUBAI.
Check out our other posts Best Biryani Restaurants in Bangalore.